Monday, August 18, 2008

Back from vacation

Its been awhile since i've been able to make a detailed post here on my blog. The last several weeks have been pretty hectic for me and last week I took some time off, so much time in fact that I totally missed this weekend's Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series races. I'm hoping on getting back on track this Thursday by posting my picks for the weekend at Bristol. Everything should pick back up as usual on my blog by then.

Speaking of vacation, I took a trip to Charlotte this weekend for the NWA Legends FanFest. For those that don't know what that is, it is an annual gathering at the Hilton Hotel in Charlotte for pro wrestling fans. Legends from the sports past, present and future make appearances during the three day, four night event. My goal was to get a shirt with the logo from my website on it totally filled with autographs. I got to meet a lot of legends, including Bruno Sammartino, Ted DiBiase, J.J. Dillion, Magnum TA, Ken Patera and more. I heard lots of stories, had lots of fun and bought a bunch of DVD's (at amazing prices). Big thanks to Mr. Graham Cawthon for encouraging me to attend, if I can I'm going to make that an annual event.

Also, i'm still searching for sources for my history of racing in Cleveland County project. I've spoken to a few people in the County and I even spoke with former Daytona 500 winner Cotton Owens in Spartanburg, S.C. about the project so far. If anyone has any suggestions on who I should contact, again, please don't hesitate to let me know by dropping me an email (adamfenwick@shelbystar.com) or calling me at work (704-869-1728). The more information the better, I can never have enough.

No comments: