Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy as a bee

It's been a long few week's around the newsroom and I often find myself a little overwhelmed on occasion. Yet I wanted to sit down today and write a blog about the Chase for the Sprint Cup, despite the fact that I've got work floating up to my eye balls. It's probably gonna be short, but why not.

When the chase started, things looked good for Kyle Busch. Now he finds himself more than 300 points behind current leader Jimmie Johnson and all but out of the championship hunt. What's left for him to do? The same thing he was doing before his bad luck began, win everything in site.

The truth is Kyle Busch, much like everyone about 200 points back of Johnson, has nothing to lose at this point. For Busch it's go for broke or go home. So if I am Busch and company, I start putting caution to the wind and aim at getting as many wins as possible before the end of the season at Homestead. He's already started in that direction, he won Friday's Nationwide Series race at LMS easily (FYI, that is his 20th win this year in NASCAR's top three divisions).

I wish I had time to say more, but I'm swamped. I'll touch base later with more.

No comments: