Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rock Report: Drive-By Truckers @ The Orange Peel

So yesterday I took a day off of work and, along with my twin brother who came in from Wilmington, made the trip up to Asheville to enjoy a night of loud music. The Drive-By Truckers were finishing up the second leg of their "Home Front" tour and I was very much looking forward to the show. I ordered tickets to the event in January and i'm glad I did, the place ended up selling out. Needless to say I really enjoyed myself! My brother and I left before the encore, my back was killing me (I shouldn't have worn my cowboy boots) and my twin was tired (he had been out the previous day mountain biking, he rode over 30 miles in one day). It's fine though, we had a rip roaring good time anyway! Here are a few pictures from the show:

Patterson Hood, guitar & vocals, getting really involved in one of the songs.

John Neff, left, guitar and pedal steel, and Patterson Hood tear it up for the Asheville crowd.

Shonna Tucker, bass and vocals, sings one of her two songs during the show.

Mike Cooley, guitar and vocals, plays a solo for the rowdy crowd.

Needless to say Patterson Hood was having one heck of a time in Asheville, as you can see by his huge grin.

Patterson screamed at the top of his lungs a few times during the show.

This was one of the best shots I got from the entire show, don't you think?

No comments: